What are some standards that are most important in your life? How did you acquire those standards? How did they change over the years?
I believe that I hold a number of different standards
in my life. I believe that honesty and integrity are extremely high on my list
of standards. I think it is important to be honest and true to yourself while
doing the same with your significant other and family as well. I think it is
important to be truthful with the ones you love, as well as in life in general,
because in my opinion, lies will follow you, and eventually you will be caught
anyway. I tend to say that though the truth may hurt, nothing hurts more than
knowing someone has blatantly lied to you when you have asked for nothing but
the truth. I truly believe it is better to be honest and allow a wound to heal
smoothly, than to be lied to and be left with a jagged scar.
I also believe that my work ethic is another
standard that I hold of great importance in my life. I have worked since I was
fifteen years old and have always done my best to make my own money, gain
experience and prepare myself for the different people and experiences I would
come across as I grew up. At a very early age I held a managerial position in
which I excelled and began to love leadership, management and the business
aspect of a company. It is my work ethic that has not only gotten me to where I
want to be, but has also allowed me to climb the ladder of success a bit
quicker than others around me. I’ve always wanted to be the best at what I did
and I guess I take that with me everywhere I go.
I believe that love is another standard I hold
high in my life. I have always strived to be a good daughter and sister, and
would now like to see myself become a great wife and mother. As the years have
gone by, I have done my best to not disappoint my parents and family, in the
choices that I have made. I have tried to be successful and make as little
mistakes as possible, and learn from the ones that I have made. I believe that
I have done well with this, though I know there is much more that I could do
and learn as time goes on.
I
believe that I have acquired many of the standards that I hold important in my
life, from my mother and father. My work ethic comes from both of my parents as
my father became a police officer at 20 years old in order to take care of his
family. Over the years I have seen him work his way through the ranks and
become a sergeant where he was greatly respected and has recently retired. My
mother has worked more than one job in her life at a time in order to provide
for our family as well. She has successfully taken care of my brother and I and
given us everything that we have needed. Some days I don’t even know how she
made it work, but she did, and somehow a roof was always over our head and a
warm meal in our stomachs.
I
think that over the years as my priorities have changed, my standards have
changed as well, however the ones that are listed above have only continued to
grow and become more important and relevant in my everyday life. I believe that
honesty and integrity will continue to be used with my family, husband and
children as well as in my work environment. I believe that my work ethic will
only continue to get better as I learn and grow more and choose a path and
career in which I can be comfortable and successful. Lastly, I believe that
love is going to be my most prized standard and will become the most important
of all, as family will always be by my side. I may never have the right job, career,
or house. But I have a great mother, father, husband and soon to be child, and
to me that is all I will ever really need.
No comments:
Post a Comment